(read THIS first)
I woke up at 5:15am on Thursday, October 24th, and completed a basic, maintenance workout. Then I made eggs and had a leisurely cup of coffee, complete with petting cats and reading the news.
So it was like most Thursdays. Except that this time, instead of leaving for work, I’d be leaving for Swoope, Virginia for the Polyface Check-out. Continue reading “Polyface Check-out Part 1: The Drive”
So you may have read my most recent post called “Life Changes.” If you haven’t, you should go read it now because you sort of need that background knowledge to totally appreciate this post.
This post is the Big Announcement about what’s happening in the summer of 2020.
I’m going to spend five months in Virginia.
After that…who knows?
Continue reading “Announcement: Summer of 2020”
You may have noticed that this website has been a bit quiet lately. The thing is, there’s been some pretty big changes going on at the Homesteading House, and I’ve been hesitant to write about them publicly.
But I’ve done some thinking and I’ve decided the following:
- I like writing and I want to keep this blog going.
- So I’m GOING to keep this blog going – there will be recipes, gardening stuff, pictures of cats, and more.
- I owe my readers an explanation for what’s been going on in my life, but I also don’t want to bog down this blog or turn it into a personal journal of angst. After all, that’s not what it’s for.
- Changing site titles (Yep, “Hardheaded Homesteading Housewife” magically turned into “Hardheaded Homesteading House”) and cagily describing my “rural” surroundings without explaining why I’m not in the suburbs anymore isn’t really fair either.
- I have a reeaallly exciting project coming up, but you sort of need background information about my life to understand why I’m doing what I’m doing (stay tuned! Cool things are happening!)
I’m a big fan of transparency, y’all. Transparency is good!
So here’s the deal:
Several months ago, I came home from visiting my sister’s new baby. I was super excited because my sister had taught me how to make soap, and I was looking forward to surprising my husband with one of his favorite dinners – Guinness Beef Stew.
But wait. When I got home…my husband was gone.
Continue reading “Life Changes”