It’s Week…I dunno.
I didn’t make a blog post last week. Sorry. I was working the weekend, had some pretty crucial phone calls to make (more info later!) and never got a quiet couple of hours to write.
Highlights from Last Week:
1) Chipping – I FINALLY got to chip again (it’s been awhile). I love chipping, and I had a great team for it – mostly big guys so there was a lot of ‘pick up the giant tree and stuff it in the chipper’.
2) Prepping the brooder – the last batch of broiler chicks went into the brooder, which is crazy to think about. They are soy-free, so we also had to switch out the feed. The new feed is green (peas?) and smells weird. Not bad, just different than the regular feed.
3) Processing turkeys – I processed and boxed turkeys in an absolute daze last week, since it was Meeting Day (more later), but it was cool, I guess.
4) Hot dog stand! Read more about that this week under ‘Saturday’.
5) Bowling – part of why I didn’t publish a blog post last week was that everyone in the hunt camp (so stewards, apprentices, Grace, and Parker’s wife) went bowling on Saturday night, along with Tim and Heidi (contract farmers). We filled up three lanes at the bowling alley, and had an absolute blast. The bowling alley was pretty high tech, so there were also arcade games and a jukebox that we were taking full advantage of. In fact, at the end of the night (around midnight…), the entire group of us were line dancing-ish to a Shania Twain song in the lobby on our way out of the door.
So fun. But also, I was exhausted when I had to get up for chores on Sunday, and spent my pre-church time napping, not writing. Ditto for my post-church time.
Okay, now let’s talk about this week instead! Continue reading “Week 16: Yes I Know I Missed a Week”